Porsche teams had a successful shakedown at Daytona International Speedway with the factory Team and private teams all putting in impressive times during the Roar before the 24.
The Roar before the 24 allows teams to prepare over the weekend for the forthcoming season of the IMSA WeatherTech Championship that kick into life at the Daytona 24 Hour at the end of January.
Porsche is the most successful sports car manufacturer since the inception of the first Daytona Continental race in 1962 and the first 24 Hours of Daytona in 1966. The German marque has compiled the following record in the history of sports car racing the Daytona International Speedway.
Overall Wins. 22 (first in 1968; most recent in 2010) (Record)
- Overall wins came in: 1968, 1970, 1971, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1978 – 1987, 1989, 1991, 2003, 2009, 2010
- From 1977 to 1987, Porsche compiled 11 consecutive overall wins (Record)
- 39% of the time, Porsche has won the race overall in 57 years (1962-2019).
- First Overall Win: 1968
- Finished 1-2 overall in 12 Daytona 24-Hours (Record)
Class Wins. 78 (Record)
- Includes Daytona Continental races starting in 1962; 2-hour races started in 1966; most recent class win came in GT Daytona class in 2017.
- 72% of the time, Porsche has won the race in its class in 57 years.
- GT Class Wins: 27 (Record)
- SGS Class wins (class ran only in 2004): 1
- GX Class wins (class ran only in 2013): 1
Porsche 911 Model Wins. 42 Overall and Class Victories (Record)
- 75% of the time, a Porsche 911 has won its class.
- 20 Race Winning Streak (overall or class): 1966-1987 (Record)
- GT class winner finishing second overall: 2001, 2004
- GTX Series Winner: 1978-1981
- GTP Series Winner: 1982-87, 1989,1991
Roar Before the 24
Porsche sakedown new 911